The new Creative Scotland board was announced, yahay. Managed to get a mugshot of each, woo hoo. All except Professor Gayle McPherson. She is officially the Scarlette Pimpernelle of the new Creative Scotland board.
As only one of two females in a board of nine, she’s worth finding. The only other female is Ruth Wishart. No BME’s, no visibly disabled … any gay? Will we ever get representative boards or will we be continually bored by the usual wasps, with token females, collective? Why couldnt we get seven females to two males? Why cant Scotland get the boards we deserve?
The line-up of the new Creative Scotland board was announced, with Chair Sir Sandy Crombie at the helm. Crombie is currently Senior Independent Director of the Royal Bank of Scotland Group, having worked for Standard Life for 43 years. He is also Vice Chairman of the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama, and Chairman of the Unesco Edinburgh World City of Literature Trust.
Crombie’s fellow committee members are:
- Robin MacPherson, Professor of Screen Media at Napier University;
- Gwilym Gibbons, Director of Shetland Arts Development Agency;
- Dr Gary West, a traditional musician, piper and broadcaster and current Head of the Department of Celtic and Scottish Studies at the University of Edinburgh;
- Ruth Wishart, journalist and current Chair of The Dewar Arts Awards and trustee of the National Galleries of Scotland;
- Steve Grimmond, Executive Director of Housing and Communities at Fife Council, Director of the Collective Gallery in Edinburgh and a Non Executive Director of a number of cultural, sporting and voluntary sector organisations, and a practising artist;
- Barclay Price, Director of Arts & Business Scotland;
- Professor Gayle McPherson, Head of the Department of Cultural Business and Chair in Cultural Policy at Glasgow Caledonian University;
- Peter Cabrelli, former Human Resources Director of HBOS and Director of the National Theatre of Scotland.
To read about these appointments in full, go to www.creativescotland.org.uk
Here’s their mugshots in case you bump into them in a wine bar. If anyone can track down Professor Gayle Macpherson’s mugshot, please let me know: